BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday 23 April 2014

#HappyBirthdayShakespeare

#HappyBirthdayShakespeare

Also, I will pretend I have no idea today is also the birthday of other people I might or might not know.

I am just going to quote 23 of my favourite Shakespeare-an quotes because my blog looks so boring nowadays and I don't really have time to write anything, so here goes!

1. "Love is not love/Which alters when it alteration finds." [Because this is probably my favourite quote and it also explains so so so so many things, and B.D on OTH?]

2. "Oh! You are sick of self love Malvolio!" [I have no idea why, but Malvolio is kind of my favourite character in TN, and I just happen to remember this quote, always.]

3. "Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them." [AH! Alright, I can not explain why I love every one of these quotes. They are just really good and explain a lot of things, please refer to my previous blogposts.]

4. "If music be the food of love, play on,/Give me excess of it, that surfeiting/ The appetite may sicken, and so die." [Okay, this might be me. Duke Orsino is me. This quote reminds me of so many moments, really, lovey dovey ones, where you say really dumb things.]

5. "Make me a willow cabin at your gate." [Do not judge me, I studied TN for five years. Blame Cambridge. Also, this quote is just really close to my heart for some very personal reasons. I might or might not have used this quote to flirt. Nerdy ftw.]

6. "Who'er I woo,/Myself would be his wife." [Go Viola!]

7. "The world is a stage,/Everybody has a part to play,/And my part is a sad part." 

8. "All that glisters is not gold,/Often have you heard that told." 

9. "Love is blind and lovers cannot see,/The pretty follies,/That themselves commit." [Truest words have never been spoken before or even after. AH the follies you do when you are so blindly in love. Ask me about it.]

10. "Nothing will come of nothing./Speak Again!" [This quote used to be thrown out in every conversations we used to have in high school. And non-literary people would be like wtf?]

11. " I cannot heave my heart into my mouth." [Awww, how can you? You can never explain your love. Love is just unexplain-able. This may not be a real word but stfu]

12. "When we are born, we cry we have come to this stage of fools." [Shakespeare is a genius. If he was alive, I would totally date him. Like, there is a reason he is born on this glorious day. Uhm.]

13. "Now, gods, stand up for bastards." [Edmund might be the sexiest Shakesepeare-an character of all time. Just saying.]

14. " I am a man more sinn'd against than sinning." [How I love this quote, it reflects so many true situations and people.]

15. " I stumbled when I saw." [Okay, those are basically quotes that got stuck in my mind. But they also make a lot of sense. How wise is Gloucester now? Was it him who said that o.O Too lazy to google.]

16. "There is a tide in the affairs of men,/Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune./Omitted all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries." [Don't even get me started. Please refer to previous blogposts.]

17. "Cowards die many times before their actual deaths," [Honourable men! JKT, if you can not remember this then DIE!]

18. "Fair is foul/And foul is fair."

19. "What's done cannot be undone." [Also, let's take a moment to realise that Lady Macbeth was a cool chick. Something wicked this way comes.]

20. "These violent delights have violent ends." [How can I not mention R&J, I might have used quotes from this play for flirting purposes. Arrg. That's exactly why I am single.]

21. "Refuse thy name/Deny thy father?" [Why not? >.<]

22. "What's in a name?" 

23. "O Romeo, Romeo, Wherefore art thou Romeo?" [Seriously, this quote can not not make this list.]

Happy Shakespeare Day!

Have fun, quoting Shakespeare if you are a geek :3

xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mpan lire li net obviously... Literature has never been my thing.. But 23?! Seriously??! Why 23 ein? :p

ZOu said...

Why? Shame on you!
Shut up okay? 23 because today is the 23rd, and also everything is about 23 this year. Don't put words in my mouth. This HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU KNOW WHO!